£1,183.50 to fix damage cause by Bristol airport parking company.

WCP Park and Fly Bristol

All news relating to Gatwick airport, parking, hotels and lounges.
GCPADMIN
Site Admin

£1,183.50 to fix damage cause by Bristol airport parking company.

Post by GCPADMIN » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm

A woman from Trowbridge returned to her car from a Bristol Airport Express Drop Off car park, to find the dashboard warning lights were on when she drove off. On inspecting the car she discovered over a thousand pounds of damage to the rear of her vehicle.

“They are seemingly doing everything they can to forget this ever happened. They make out that they are insulted that I even made this claim,” she said.

“They did not return my car in the same condition as when I left it with them. I sent them two photos of my mileage gauge, one taken on my arrival at Stoneberry House, where I gave them my car, and one taken when it was delivered to Bristol Airport Express Drop Off car park.

“These clearly show that my car was driven 15.7 miles whilst in their possession. I also included a Google map image showing the distance of 5.48 miles from Stoneberry House to Bristol Airport.

“Even allowing for driving around the secure site and Bristol Airport, this does not explain the excessive mileage travelled by my car.They also want to charge me £900 and another £50 per photo of their CCTV footage of their secure site but what if the damage caused by them occurred off site? I could pursue legal action but I do not think I can afford that.”
Ann Hudson claimed that the final comments from the car parking company were as follows,
Manager Jana Dorickova said: “We cannot take any responsibility you are describing. It is stated in our terms and conditions that the customer must inspect the car and report the damage before driving away. I find the claim you are trying to make derogatory and with no substantiation.”
I use this story as an example to warn travellers that they must take photos, record mileage and inspect the car before they drive off.